I love Christmas time, it is one of my favorite times of the year. I look forward to putting up the tree and listening to wonderful music. I have always been more of a giver than a receiver of gifts...this year more than ever. I can think of perfect gifts for everyone but me, I literally can't come up with anything for my parents to get me. A couple of days ago I think I figured out why I don't even want to think about gifts for me.
Few times of the year are harder for me, that reminds me that I'm single than Christmas. I have been making or buying gifts that would be great for my sister's family or my brother's family and I don't have anyone. Knowing this, my mind protects me and just won't allow me to think about gifts for me, because everything just seems so silly. I know I have had an amazing life, I have a great career, a home, a car, etc., but to be honest...it is getting tough to not have anyone to share my life with. I have even been in a tough stretch where I don't have many friends, for one reason or another they have disappeared over the last six months; so I literally don't have anyone to share experiences with. My family is great and they do their best to make sure they know I'm not alone, but some days are hard...especially this time of the year.
On a brighter note, I can't wait to see my dad open his perfect gift. I really do think I hit a home run with his present this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment