Monday, December 30, 2013

2013

Sorry I haven't posted in a long time.  I guess I am the only person that used Google Reader, so now that it is gone, I don't remember to look at blogs or post.

Here are the highlights to my 2013 year:

1. Running-  I have become a runner, not a fast runner, but a runner.  I was running on the tredmill some the first have of the year, then in July my family convinced me to do a 5K that was a downhill course.  I ended up running it will my sister trying to help her, but I really enjoyed it, so I signed up for another 5K.  From July to December I have ran six 5K races, and I plan on continuing to run.

2. Europe- I was blessed to go to Europe twice in 2013, I went to France in Feburary and Greece, Italy, and Spain in June.  The second trip, I was a group leader of a group of about 13 people (mostly students) taking an education trip to Europe.  It had it's stressful moments, but it was so much fun and I can't wait to go again this summer.  I never was a big fan of Paris before I went, now I totally get why Paris is so popular.  Paris was amazing, beautiful, and timeless.

3. Bucketlist item- Ever since college, one of my bucketlist items was to go to Florence, Italy.  Most people do not understand my extreme love for Florence.  Florence is where the Renassiance began and where some of the greatest artists lived.  The Renassiance was all about celebrating life and tryinng to enjoy life after the plague had wiped out so much of Europe.  Part of going to Florence was getting to see the David statue.  It was literally breathtaking.

4.Mom survived another year- My mom has had a rough year, and a few scares.  Some how she pulls through, and I have gotten another year with this amazing women.  I know I may not have that much more time with her, but I will take every moment I can get.

5. Dad running- My dad has been trying to get in better shape the last two years, I finally convinced him to 5K with me.  So on Dec 28, my dad ran his first 5K in 36:30.  He did amazing and actually enjoyed it and said he might do another one when it gets warmer in the spring.


BRING ON 2014!!!!!!!

No comments: