Friday, August 15, 2008

Surviving the Dentist


I have known that I had at least one cavity for about six months now, I first had to wait until I had insurance, then I had to wait until school got out. I was just lazy and didn't want to face going to the dentist. I mean who actually likes going to the dentist, not me, that is for sure. One day I looked up the phone number to a dentist office that accepted my insurance and I didn't do anything with it for over a week. Finally I got up the nerve to call and make an appointment, really the only reason why I did it is because I knew the summer was basically over. If I waited until school started I wouldn't have time to go to the dentist until October. So I finally called and they said if I could be there in ten minutes I could come that day, so I went. It wasn't too bad, a cleaning is a cleaning, nothing too exciting ever happens at a cleaning. I needed with two cavities, really not all that unexpected. I made the appointment for the next week and it was amazing they filled two cavities in 40 minutes. I was really impressed with how fast they did it. I wish they took five more minutes though, when they started drilling on one tooth it wasn't quite numb yet. But it was my own fault for not stopping them when it was hurting. I'm impressed with myself, I even set up my six month cleaning. I hate the dentist, but I hate cavities more.

No comments: